Thursday, August 26, 2010

Yummy Toast Tomorrow!

*Note to self... don't start making homemade jam at 8:30pm*


So this week at Sunflower Farmers Market they are having some bomb diggity deals on berries.  We just opened our last strawberry jam from last summer, so I thought I am going to seize the deal and buy some berries and make some jam.  I bought $20 worth... 6lbs of Strawberries, 2.25lbs of Blackberries, and 1.5lb of Raspberries.  My first batch (I only made one tonight but have plans for two more: strawberry, and peach) was a mixed berry.
Here are the blackberries before I mashed them.  They were HUGE!  Some were almost as long as my pinkie finger... yeah, no joke!



Here are the berries all mashed and ready to be cooked.
They looked so good I wanted to can (haha get it? "can") the whole jam idea and
just pour this over some ice cream
Here are the sugary berries all hot and ready for their jars.
I couldn't believe how "blood red" it got... Must have been the raspberries
Almost ready for their bath
(do you notice the clock? yeah, that is 10:15pm... what am I thinking????)
Boiling away.... only 9 minutes... can I wait that long??
Doesn't it just look delicious!  I can't wait until morning to have some on my toast...
Sweet! Morning is really only about 10minutes away! 
Ok I really need to go to bed!

4 comments:

Sheri E. said...

That jam looks really good! It's making me hungry and I just ate breakfast!

Lynsey said...

That looks super YUMMY!! I really want some homemade jam and I don't have any. :( Guess I will be coming by your house. :)

CCmomma said...

Hey Lady - kept looking at your blog and going.. Hmm I know these people... maybe we went to UNLV together??? If this is you, Annie, Shoot me an email. It's COrrine Hellyar (now Christian) How are you?
corrine.ccbabyinc@gmail.com

XSUSHA said...

I'm totally jealous! It looks delicious, and fresh!