Monday, May 9, 2011

I am FINALLY doing it!

the Bolder Boulder, that is.


For the last several years my brother and sister in law have tried to talk me into running the biggest 10k Memorial Day race in the Nation... the "Bolder Boulder".  I have always politely declined.  I have made many excuses up over the years, but most go back to the fact that I have bad joints, specifically my knee.

But this year, I decided to take the plunge.  I decided last Sunday and therefore only giving myself four weeks to train.  I went in thinking that I would run about half (maybe more) and walk the rest... BUT then I had a friend that has inspired me and pushed me as well.  My second day training I ran three miles with her.  (I thought I was going to die and I wanted to rip my legs off my person... but I am still alive and, believe it or not, running!)

I am excited for a new experience... and if I can run a 5k my second day training maybe, just maybe, I will be able to run the entire 10k!  (I have to add that is will be my first 10k ever... we will see!)

1 comment:

XSUSHA said...

Hey! The Bolder Bolder was MY first 10K too! Good luck!