Wednesday, March 4, 2009

We are Approved!

I can't believe this day has come. You do all the paperwork (and if your me you stay up until obscene hours to finish), you go to the appointments and interviews, "they" come to your house to make sure it is "fit" for children... you wait until your case study is complete (doesn't have to be done patiently!), update and complete your online profile... all for this moment...

The moment when you are "officially" online, when birthparents can look at you, can read what you are all about and decide whether you are "the one" or not.

I feel so excited to be in this place right now! I am not too worried about waiting a long time because I truely believe that when we are supposed to have a baby, we will. Our case worker was having trouble loading our profile, it took several days before we figured out what the problem was. During that time we had met with him, I just said that it must mean that our profile wasn't supposed to be online just yet... So, again, I am not worried about waiting. I mean of coarse I would love to have a baby in our home now... but worrying about it isn't going to make a difference. I actually think worrying will make it worse. I saw this quote today and I really like it:

"Worry can never conquer the problems we fear from tomorrow; it can only rob us of the vitality and pleasures of today" ~Anonymous

So, even though there may be someone looking at my profile right now, or not looking at my profile right now... I am going to enjoy the moment.

And to be honest, I am a little nervous. This is all so different from having Graham (obviously) and I am still not sure what to expect from all this... meaning, I know we will end up with a baby, but the journey is new and exciting and also a bit scary... it is unchartered water for us. I am sure there will be some bumps along the way but all in all I know it will all end up the way it should.

To all our friends and family who have given us support and encouragement along the way...
thank you!

11 comments:

Jill Skouson said...

Congratulations! It was really great to read this post because you have a great out look on things. I needed to be reminded to have the same attitude right now. Thanks Annie and good luck to you!

Humphries said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you guys. Whatever baby gets you guys for parents is going to be one lucky baby.

Katie said...

Yea! I am so pleased for you. It sounds like a lot of work...but for a great cause! Thanks for sharing your positive, optimistic attitude! I know I could be better at that even when there aren't big things going on!

Katie said...

Oh, and I read your letter on your profile and it was amazing! I admire your strength, courage, and faith.

Becca's Blog said...

I am so happy for you guys! Of coarse they should have taken one look at the two of you and said.... You're approved. You guys deserve it!

Jen and Dakota said...

That is awesome! We are so happy for you guys! I love your attitude about the whole thing! You are awesome~ We will keep you in our prayers.. that the wait isn't to long!

Devony said...

You do have such a great attitude! I loved your Birth parent letter - it was beautiful and very well written! Congratulations on a very happy day and good luck in your birth parent communication! It's another new and strange road! We love you guys!

Xsusha said...

Yes!

mitch, pam and the rhoadants said...

Wooo Hoooo! You are officially expecting without a due date! Congratulations! Let's all pray that the cutest, smartest Laurel (cheerleader?) and the buffest, brightest Priest get together one passionate night, and then choose to get that precious baby to her rightful mommy and daddy and big brother! (That's what I prayed for 3 times...)

JKLCP said...

We're excited for you. We'll keep your family in our prayers! Good to hear how you're doing!

Young Family said...

Annie

I don't know if you remember me, Andrea Tomlinson, but we were friends back at UNLV. I was so happy to run across your blog. You guys look great. You have a beautiful boy! I wish you luck on your adoption adventures. Email me and I will send you a link to my blog.

andykay_2001 at yahoo dot com