Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Father's Day at the Ranch

For Father's Day we were at Tommy's family reunion in central Nevada. We had a great time at the ranch where we stayed!
I knew this year I had to make Father's Day special because the last two years were pretty bad. Two years ago we spent the day in the ER because I had torn my ACL, and last year I was away for cheerleading camp. Tommy was a great sport both years, but I felt really bad.
This year I helped Graham make a "I Love My Daddy" book. I was going to buy a book by the same title at Barnes & Noble but I thought this would be more personal. We had a page for all the reasons why Graham loves his dad and he colored the pictures. I was actually surprised he colored all the pages, since he doesn't really like coloring.


This is them reading it... Graham was really into it!

When I went shopping for Father's Day, Graham had mentioned he wanted to get daddy a treat. We were at the mall and there is a candy store there. I let Graham pick out the treat he wanted to give daddy.... Gummy Army Men.... He was also REALLY excited for daddy to share with him! He actually spoiled the surprise earlier in the week because he was so excited to partake of the yummy treats :)


Tommy got some shirts and cologne from me

Tommy smelling the cologne ( I wasn't sure if I bought the right one)

Tommy's entire family (this is just his siblings and their families... yeah it was a mad house, but lots of fun!) Our sister in law stopped at Burger King on the way to the ranch and had gotten all the dads crowns to wear. They were all good sports and wore them.

Graham and Tommy at the Father's Day Breakfast. Tommy would make a good king, don't you think?!


I hope this year Tommy had a good Father's Day. He is such a great father and husband! He is so supportive and helpful. I appreciate him probably more than he knows.
I love you, homey
(our little joke.... I misspelled 'honey' in an email once to him, and it just stuck!)


No comments: