Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Exciting News

We are
ADOPTING!
We decided to adopt the first week in October and have been working on getting all of our paperwork in. We are pretty much just waiting for our background checks to move forward. We are really excited for this whole new adventure. It is definitely different than when we had Graham!
Our case worker keeps telling us that the families that are more vocal and proactive about adopting usually have a baby placed sooner than others. So all you who are reading this... Tell your friends! :)
I will probably start an "Adoption Blog" for our family soon (if I can keep up with two blogs...) for birth mothers to look at. You will be more than welcome to browse and share it with others (however, most of it will probably be a repeat of stuff on this blog. It is mostly for protecting our privacy).
Anyway, just wanted to share our good news!

13 comments:

Humphries said...

I am so excited for you guys. Ben and I looked into, but we had to put it on the back burner for awhile. We are getting ready to pick it back up.

Jen and Dakota said...

oh my gosh. That is awesome! we are so excited for your family! Adopting is such a special experience. We will keep you all in our prayers! What an exciting time for you and Tommy!
We love you guys!
Jen and Pete
and Dakota too

Katie said...

How exciting! Any baby would be lucky to have you! I will keep you in mind if I hear of any birht mothers looking for a family.

Rachel said...

That is very exciting news, Annie! Thanks for sharing, and best of luck these next few months as you go through this process. You'll be in our thoughts and prayers.

Jill Skouson said...

That's so great Annie! Good luck with everything :)

Jill Skouson said...

That's so great Annie! Good luck with everything!

Rachael said...

That is exciting news! Congratulations you guys!

Coach A said...

I am so proud of you guys! You will make great parents (again)! As an adoptee I can say that it is an amazing!

kim said...

I am so excited for you guys. Let me know when anything comes about. It was fun to see you the other day. We miss being in your ward. I always enjoy talking to you. Good luck!

Xsusha said...

I am so excited for you!

Unknown said...

Carly sent us the link! Congrats! I never though I'd be old enough to see the day when my little sisters friends were parents :)

Devony said...

I am sooooo excited! I have been thinking about you a ton and am so excited for you to ride this roller coaster! Ok I'm totally calling you now.

Mullin Fam said...

What a fun adventure! You know how great I think this is! Good Luck! I couldn't be happier for you guys!