Thursday, November 20, 2008

Dancing Queen

Okay, so ever since I can remember I have always danced when I hear music. I actually remember my dad telling me to stop "tapping" on the kitchen floor. To this day you could very well catch me in the act while driving in the car. I think it is just in my blood!

So, at practice occassionally I will "pull out" a move or two. My cheerleaders look at me all weird (like I really care!), like they are embarrassed of me...

Well, two Saturdays ago we were at a competition at Grandview High School and while the judges were tabulating scores they decided to have a "dance off" with the PARENTS of the cheerleaders. Well, needless to say, my cheerleaders pulled (and I mean pulled) me down from the bleachers to the floor. At that point I submitted to my fate. ( I kept saying that I wasn't a parent of one of them....) Then the MC said they needed a male dancer from Eaglecrest... Luckily I have a great husband and he joined me on the dance floor.

So, everyone warmed up together for 20 seconds, then we had to do a solo for 10 seconds. Then all the men danced 10 more seconds, and then the women danced for the last 10 seconds. Then the crowd voted... Tommy lost by default.... a middle aged man with a beer belly tried to do a back handspring and landed on his head... we figure he deserved to win for risking his life (or his ability to use his arms and legs in the future); however, I did win... yeah I am pretty cool (actually I am still a little embarrassed).

And thanks to technology, one of my cheerleaders recorded me on her phone and put me on YouTube... don't bother searching, here it is (thank goodness technology is not so great, as she didn't get a clear recording, but yes that is me)




And even with this incriminating footage, I will keep on dancing!

6 comments:

Rachael said...

Annie, you are my new hero! That was awesome!

Jill Skouson said...

How funny! Congratulations on your big win. I can see that you definitely deserved it :)

Devony said...

Annie you're so cool! I love the video! I'm so glad you won! I feel like you're famous! Can I get your autograph? ;)

Humphries said...

Annie that video is awesome! The girls are lucky to have such a Superstar for a coach.

Coach A said...

Let me tell 'ya you were great! I was lucky enough to see it in person! Tommy was not so bad either!

mitch, pam and the rhoadants said...

I always knew you were a sexy mama!