Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Parker Mafia


Well, I guess this is officially my first blog post, so give me a break if for some reason I break some "Blogger 101" rule, or if I don't use the proper "Blogger" lingo.

Last night my fantasy football team ( The Parker Mafia) made it to the play-offs in my league. While I am EXTREMELY confident that my team will win the Championship, I thought I'd brag a little bit about how I made it to the play-off round this year.

My team struggled a bit to begin the season (I went 3-5 the first half of the season). However, to make a long story short, I made some pretty good roster adjustments and was able to turn things around the second half, winning 5 out of 6 games. It all came down to last night's Monday Night Football game. I needed to score 45 points between two players in order to take over the #1 position in my division. Well, needless to say, those two players scored a combined total of 68 points, thus propelling me to the #1 position and giving me a ticket to the play-offs.

Now, I'm almost positive that 99.9% of the people that read this post could care less about Fantasy Football (due to the fact that most of you are women). In fact, I'm sure that most of you despise Fantasy Football because your husbands participate in it. But just remember, Fantasy Football is to men what "Blogging" is for women. So the next time you feel the need to give your husband grief about "Fantasy Football", think again!

As for the cool "Fantasy Football" picture, it's the only one I could find!

No comments: