Thursday, December 4, 2008

'Tis the Season


I sure love this time of year! And for me the love starts around September. My favorite season is Autumn. I love the crisp cool air, and watching the leaves change colors (although I don't love it when they fall off the trees). Making Halloween costumes, Cooking Turkey and Candy Yam Casserole, and I love putting up my Christmas Tree!Last weekend we put up our tree and I kept telling Tommy that I wish we could keep it up year around. It just makes my front room feel so cozy (especially when the fireplace is "lit")... and to top it off we got our first real, stick to the ground snow. For me there is something nastalgic about the first snow of the season, and since this year it was much later than usual (it is usually in September, so it was 2 1/2 months "late"... but that's fine with me because I got to enjoy Autumn much longer than usual) it has really put me in the Christmas Spirit. And this year I am really trying to focus on the real reason we celebrate Christmas... Because Jesus Christ was born and he gave the greatest gift of all.So Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

No comments: