Monday, September 27, 2010

Kids have nothing to hide!

So a couple weeks ago we met some friends from preschool at Chick-Fil-A
Graham had quite a blast playing with his two buddies from last year (they are in different classes this year)
It was right during the lunch rush, and Graham runs past our table toward the front counter and yells
"I have to go pee!"
(yeah, it was loud)
Then he runs toward the bathroom.
I got up to go with him and he ran into the men's before I could catch him.
I knew the best thing was to stand by the door and wait for him
After a minute or so, he opens the door and begins telling me something.
I look at him and his pants are down around his ankles!!
I interrupted him and told him to pull up his pants
(I mean, people ARE trying to eat you know!)
He interrupts me to continue with what he wants to tell me, and then I interrupt him and tell him to
Pull Up His Pants!
This back a forth goes on a few more times and then I concede. 
I listen to what he has to say, then I tell him to pull up his pants.
He says "ok" as he shuts the door....
but not before his two buddies run in there with him.
I continue to wait outside, knowing Graham is done. 
All I hear is three little boys laughing and making noise.

Finally, I had to knock on the door to tell them to come out... I really hope they didn't destroy the bathroom, but I guess I will never know!

This story just reminded me of the innocence of children, Graham had no problem coming out of the bathroom with his pants down to his shoes to tell me something.  I wish we could all be that confident (or oblivious) of what others are thinking about us!

3 comments:

mitch, pam and the rhoadants said...

I just love that little Graham! We miss you guys!

Lynsey said...

What a funny boy!! Joseph hasn't done that one yet but last week in the park he went behind a tree and went pee. Oh what fun boys are!

Sheri E. said...

Graham is such a funny boy! I wish i were that confident in public.