Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Moving Day


So today is the big day!!

(Ok technically we close today and Tommy and I are going to be moving some stuff to the house today.  Tomorrow is the "Official Moving Day"
However, THIS is the day when we can actually put
OUR stuff in OUR house!)

It actually feels pretty unreal.  We have been "in between" houses for quite a while, so the thought of moving into our own place seems almost foreign.  But it is a language I am loving, that is for sure!

My parents have been so wonderful to put up with us for so long.  I am sure it was hard on them to not have their own space... we did kind of take over.  (Before I started packing two days ago, I was thinking 'No Biggie, we don't have that much stuff here, most of it is in storage'  While that is true, most of our stuff is in storage, I was shocked to see how much CRAP we had here.  I joke that we will need to have a garage sale when we are all moved in! haha) 
 But hopefully we weren't too much of a nuisance. 
 Graham would only occasionally go into their room in the middle of the night... I would only occasionally forget to move my laundry to the dryer... Tommy and I would only occasionally take one of their parking spots... Sophie would only occasionally scratch at the door to be let back in...
And hopefully what we contributed helped if we were complete annoyances
Sometimes I would make dinner... Sometimes Tommy would mow the law... Sometimes I would clean the house... Sometimes Tommy would do the dishes... Always Graham would give hugs and kisses when my parents were leaving...Sometimes I would pick weeds... Sometimes Graham would sweep the rocks outside...

But I am sure we all are very excited for this day to FINALLY be here!

I will miss the "free rent" though... 

(and if you want to help, come on by... not sure what I will have you do, but I am sure there is something to do! Or if you just want to come see it... that's ok too)

4 comments:

Rachael said...

Congratulations! It looks like a beautiful house. Can't wait to see what you do with it!

Sheri E. said...

The house looks so good! I can't wait to see it again, but this time with all your stuff in it.

Porters said...

Lady! Your new house is beautiful!!! Better get an invite to the house warming party!!!

Anonymous said...

I am having withdrawls already!!How I am going to miss seeing you every day!... missing Annie's cooking, Tommy's help mowing the lawn or whatever and Graham, well I love those hugs and kisses. And a mile away is just too far, but I am very excited for you to have your beautiful new home and call it your own. Oh, and Annie, I'll be up for dinner...it's been wonderful having all of you live with us. Love, mom