Saturday, April 4, 2009

One of the Best Trips

It was 7 years ago (almost to the day) that Tommy and I drove from Las Vegas to Denver to "Meet the Parents". We were both attending the University of Nevada Las Vegas at the time and decided to make a "quick trip" to Denver. Now when I say quick I don't mean that it didn't take long to get there; it was an 11 hour drive, but we drove on Friday and came home on Sunday... so that is what I mean by quick! My family was having family pictures taken that Saturday. Tommy wasn't in that picture, but we did get a couples picture taken just the two of us. It is actually the picture shown... wow I was blond!! (and look at those roots! SCARY!!)
It is funny because back at school all of our friends asked us everyday if we were engaged yet, and everyone thought that was what the trip to Denver was for... especially my family. It probably was for that a little bit because I do remember Tommy asking to speak with my dad in private before we left on Sunday afternoon.
I remember my brothers... I laugh to myself thinking about it now... they were prepared to give Tommy the run down and be my "protectors", that is until they saw that Tommy was bigger than them. And then once they got to know him I think they were really excited that we were serious about each other.
I am so very lucky that Tommy is my husband! He is one of the most caring men I know. He is constantly thinking of others and doing things for them... especially Graham and me. Whenever he comes home from work he is always understanding if I am totally pooped or if the laundry isn't folded or dinner isn't made. A lot of times he will do those things. I am really, REALLY lucky. And I have to say that the quick trip to Denver 7 years ago was one of the best of my life!

3 comments:

The Easton Family said...

Cutey cute... I remember that day...We should have just had him in the family picture--just in case! :)

Sheri E. said...

That is a cute picture of you guys. That reminds me of about a year ago when Mckay and I came to Colorado for Charlotte's blessing (and to meet the family). So much has changed in a year!

coloradoeaston said...

Yeah, I remember that day too. But don't be fooled, Tommy and I went out back and threw down. Yes, he's bigger and he beat the living crap out of me- I'm still bruised- 7 years later. Ouch dude! You owe me a Pepsi or something for letting you use me as a punching bag.

G