Thursday, April 30, 2009

So Far Behind

So, I have been trying to take more pictures and videos to better document our lives... the only problem I have now is actually getting them on the computer! So here is a bunch of "stuff" that has been happening lately...

When Tommy gets home from work, many days Graham has a track set up and is playing with it. This day (a couple weeks ago) I decided to document playtime. Graham has also grown quite affectionate towards our dog Sophie ('Fophie"). He is constantly wanting to play with her and she is really good and soft when she plays with him. It is funny when Sohpie rubs up against us, yes just like a cat would do-I know a little strange, Graham says "Ah, Fophie yoves you"

So Tommy got my guitar out of the attic. I know you are saying "I didn't know you played the guitar" .... Well, I don't.... I mean I had good intentions, really I did... When we were dating (prior to our engagement) I had mentioned that I had a desire to learn how to play the guitar. We never talked about it again and then one night Tommy told me he had a suprise for me.... What could it be?!?!!? Considering how seriouse we were you can probably guess the direction my thoughts went.... 'it' was something small, a size 7 maybe, sparkly, white gold.... I could go on.... But then he pulls out the guitar, now eventhough it wasn't said engagement ring, I absolutely loved it! Tommy definitely knew me well enough to know what I liked, the guitar was beautiful! I tried now and then to play it - he had also gotten me some 'learn to play' books. I learned how to play "Leaving on a Jet Plane" which is only like three cords, but I was pretty proud of myself. But there were a few downsides. First, from the time I was in 1st or 2nd grade I remember always liking long pretty nails. To this day I TRY to keep my nails looking nice (not quite as well as I use to, who really has time for polish to dry anymore?!?!), there was only one time when I consistantly kept them short and it was in high school (I was a cheerleader and it was mandatory to have short nails); it actually was a sacrifice for me - silly, I know but it's true. It probably would have been a sacrifice I was willing to make to play the guitar except for the fact that it hurt to play! I know you have to 'grow' (is that the right word-probably not) caulouses on your fingertips but I didn't really want cauloused fingertips. So, I never really played it. Now, to my point of this story, is that Tommy suggested we sell my guitar on Craigslist since I don't use it (but I am super nostalgic, so the thought made me really sad!), so it was out and Graham wanted to play it.... (he may be the next big thing!) Enjoy!

A couple weeks ago Graham, my mom, and I went to Provo to visit my brother, his wife and their new little baby. The entire weekend we were there Graham was obsessed with this little pillow. The video pretty much speaks for itself. My child is a riot!

I also love how in all these vidoes Graham is constantly saying "Cheese" or "I need to see" (meaning the picture or video)

1 comment:

Devony said...

We have some of those pillows and they are wonderful! Love all the videos of your little man growing up! I expect to hear a song played next time I see you. I will bring you some fitted leather gloves so you don't get injured. ;)