Sunday, October 31, 2010

OCD Much?

I have some, let's call them, "organizational tendencies".  I like things organized and to be in their place.  Well Graham has some wooden train tracks, OK he has A LOT of wooden train tracks and trains.  He used to have a plastic box that was able to house all of them... until Graham and his cousins decided to play inside of it (why is it that kids feel they MUST get into every box??? Doesn't seem like that much fun to me!!).  So right now they are in a file box and they don't fit very well.  SO because of my "organizational tendencies" I sort and stack the tracks based on shape and size so they fit nicely in the box.  It takes much more time but they all fit.  Graham has observed this many times when I help him clean up.
About a month ago, he runs into my room and says "Mom come look what I did"
I come and find this...


He had sorted and stacked his train tracks...


and put them nicely in their box.

The funny thing is that I usually just throw these tracks in the box because there are not many of them.  This was all Graham's doing...
What have I done to my son?
I hope that he does mantain some of my organizational qualities, just not to the point of obsession :)
(he has only done this once, so I am probably in the clear!)

No comments: