Friday, October 22, 2010

Your stuff is probably not worth that much

Last night I was browsing Craigslist.  Originally I was searching for bunk beds but then got distracted.  I began looking at every piece of furniture.  I find it extremely hilarious how people think they can get insane amounts of money for old outdated pieces of...  well, you know.  I mean come on people you can't use the words 'Vintage' or 'Antique' if it is just old and outdated.  I love that people write, "we are updating and this isn't the color scheme we chose"... to me that says "the color of this sofa is hideous".  I just kept looking last night and laughing.  There was someone selling a doll house, now it was a fairly nice one, and here is the kicker: they stated they were selling it for only $50 less than what they paid for it (I think they bought it for $150, and where selling for $100) and it was not only used (not meaning that it was in terrible condition but that they bought it for their girls to play with it, and I am sure it fullfilled its purpose) BUT the ad also said the garage was broken and the roof was colored on. 
Anyway, I just had a fun time laughing last night at all the ridiculous euphamisms I read on Craigslist.  I totally get it that the quality of stuff on there is not always great, people are just trying to get rid of their stuff... all I am saying is be realistic in pricing.  We sold a sofa last year for $200 which would go great with a country style home (not our style and it was given to us early in marriage), it was 6 years old but rarely sat on... it really was in great condition... I saw sofas last night listed for more than $200 that you could not PAY ME to take!  I'm just sayin...

1 comment:

XSUSHA said...

I totally agree! The ads I love here are then $20.00 or it will be on the street in two days.....I will just wait the two days and take it for free.