Monday, March 24, 2008

Bitter Sweet

Yesterday was a day of mixed emotions for me. I got released from my calling as Young Woman 1st Counselor. It is actually wierd, I kind of felt it coming on. I was called in before sacrament meeting and was told I was being released and asked how I felt about my year of serving there. I was fine through sacrament and sunday school, but lost it in YWs. I guess you don't really realize how much you will miss something until it is gone.
I had the opportunity to lead the same group of girls almost the entire time I was in Young Woman's (I was in Beehives when they were, and then was called to Mias when they moved up). I have formed such a great relationship with those girls. And I love each of them in their individuality.
It makes me reflect on the one Young Woman's leader that had a profound influence on me... Annette Rucker. She is such a righteous woman who taught me many important principles when I was a Mia Maid. But more importantly she took a particular interest in me and became my friend and an adult I knew I could turn to if I needed it. Even to this day I will see her in the hall and we will chat and laugh. How grateful I am that she was my leader in a critical time of my life. I only hope that I was a glimmer of what she was for me. Thanks, Annette!

3 comments:

The Easton Family said...

Do you have a new calling yet? I'm sure it won't be long before they put you to work... I know how you feel. It's been 3 or 4 years since my release as yw pres and they are still "my girls."

The Walker's said...

I know just how you feel! I had a hard time when I got released too. Can't wait to see what you do next!

Rachel said...

Hey you! Fun to find your blog. I just heard about your release yesterday. It seemed ironic since we were just talking about your feelings on Young Womens. Anyway, I know too know about the mixed emotions. Hope you are doing all right.