Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Mix It Up!

I love change. When I was growing up I was constantly moving furniture around, not only in my room, but in the living room, the family room and any other room I could change. My dad would come home from work and say "Annie, you changed it again!" (there was one time I rearranged my room... which including draining and refilling my waterbed... while refilling it I got destracted on the computer- which is SO easy to do- and flooded my room! Luckily it was over the garage, otherwise I would have flooded our family room and possibly our basement... yeah, that was the last of the waterbed!)
Anyway, I have changed my blog layout... as many of you have noticed. It was really easy, I went to another blog (scroll down and her link is on the sidebar) and she gives you a template to copy and paste, it is super easy for anyone who wants a change... who knows maybe next week it will be different...

Because I have changed my blog, I have learned a little more about HTML... it isn't as scary as I originally thought! But I also played around with it for like three hours last night (it is a good thing I was productive today!). And I will probably play around with it some more... so expect more change!

ps... (this is for you Jeannie) If you want to change text, go to layout: edit HTML. Scroll until you see "variable name" Then find ones that are associated with text i.e. "Bodyfont" "textfont" "pagetitlefont" etc. It will also say type= default = value= the first font listed in the 'value=' section is the default font, the ones following are alternatives (from what I understand, I just changed the first font to what I wanted). All you have to do is replace the existing font with the one youwant in the "value=" field like this 'Arial' There is probably a % also, messing around with that changes the size of the font... I believe the "normal normal" can be changed if you want italics or bold by just changing the 2 'normal' to 'bold' or whatever (but don't take my word for it!)...Hope this helps for anyone wanting to customize more...

3 comments:

The Walker's said...

Your blog looks cute! I like to change mine a lot too.

Jill Skouson said...

Thanks for the guidance on blog templates. I don't love the one I have changed mine to but it will do for now. I just really needed a change! I had fun doing the seven random facts tag!

Jill Skouson said...

Okay... I changed my blog again. It's very similar to what you have. I hope you don't mind. I really like this one. It's WAY more me than the pink striped one I had yesterday :)