Monday, March 24, 2008

I Took the Plunge

So I do something now that I thought (and always swore) I would never do...





I drive a MINIVAN!! And I LOVE IT!



We sold our Scion XB about 6 weeks ago with the full intention of only having one car for about a year to save and all that good stuff. Then about a month ago, one of my friends from high school (who coaches cheerleading at our old high school), called and asked if I would consider coming back to coach. I thought long and hard about it... and decided that I would really enjoy doing it again. Needless to say, we needed to get another car for this to happen.

We originally we going to a $2K beater that Tommy could drive to work and school, then it changed to a nicer $4K beater... after not much luck finding a car that fit what we needed, we decided that it would probably be wiser to get a van (if you have kids, it is the practical thing to do!) since we will be growing (NO that is not an anouncement, I am NOT pregnant... I am just saying...), and I want to have this car for a while.

We ended up getting a 2005 Honda Odyssey, and let me tell you, I am spoiled! Tommy made sure I got a pretty nice car... I mean van. He is so thoughtful!

It was pretty funny, as we were leaving church yesterday Tommy asks "Can I drive the van home?"

4 comments:

The Easton Family said...

welcome to the van-driving population. I never thought so either, but it really is convenient.

The Easton Family said...

welcome to the van-driving population. I never thought so either, but it really is convenient.

The Walker's said...

Congrats on the van. I too, never thought I'd see the day when I'd want a mini-van, but there's no getting around it, we LOVE ours.
Rachael

Xsusha said...

are you 95 year old woman?